One morning I woke up and decided I was finally going to do all the things in the Upper Peninsula that I’d always wanted to do.
This website is the result of that decision.
You see, like most “Yoopers,” I grew up in the Upper Peninsula but really never took advantage of all the cool stuff this place had to offer.
Instead, I traveled the world and then lived in southern California until luck/fate/whatever brought me back to the good ol’ U.P. in 2008. Now I live in Iron Mountain, MI with my wife and three kids.
Basically, I do things in the U.P. and then I write about them. I have a very active Facebook community where I give tips and answer questions.
I’m also on Twitter.
You want more?
Oh, okay, here you go…
- I like heights.
- I don’t like snakes.
- In my free time, I like to read blogs like Lifehacker and Apartement Therapy and books by Benjamin Frankin.
- I have no free time.
- Once, in Chinatown, I ate tripe. I do not like tripe, but I like pretty much all other foods.
- I have a rare condition called Acromegaly. (Don’t worry, I’m fine!)
- I love sushi (and sake!).
- My drink of choice is either craft beer in a glass or Kettle One on the rocks, but I’m not snobby about it. (At least I don’t think I am?)
- I think the Upper Peninsula is the shit. (But you probably guessed that, eh?)
Sound like we might get along? You should come say hi on Facebook. I’d love to hear from you!